In response to Industry’s needs, the CIC formed a Focus Group on Projected Construction Expenditure ("Focus Group") in August 2011 with the goal of forecasting construction expenditure in Hong Kong for the coming 10 years.
The Focus Group comprised of 13 individual members from the following contractor associations, consultants, professional institutions and representatives from the HKSAR Government:
- Rider Levett Bucknall Limited (as chairman of the Focus Group)
- Hong Kong Construction Association
- Hong Kong General Building Contractors Association Ltd.
- The Hong Kong Electrical and Mechanical Contractors’ Association Limited
- The Hong Kong Federation of Electrical and Mechanical Contractors Limited
- The Association of Consulting Engineers of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Institute of Architects
- The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers
- The Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors
- Langdon & Seah
- Buildings Department, HKSAR Government
- Development Bureau, HKSAR Government
- Construction Industry Council (as Secretary for the Focus Group)