In view of Hong Kong’s fifth wave of COVID-19 pandemic, the Construction Industry Council (CIC) extends the “Construction Industry Caring Campaign” into its 2.0 phase (Campaign 2.0) with the support of the Development Bureau, to continue aiding construction workers who were infected with COVID-19 or requested to undergo quarantine.
The CIC and the industry jointly launched the “Construction Industry Caring Campaign” in early 2020, raising funds to provide monetary support to construction workers infected by COVID-19 as well as caring support to their families. As the pandemic continues to rampage, all funds were granted. The CIC now allocates HK$123 million to the “Construction Industry Caring Campaign” and continue to aid construction workers who were infected with COVID-19 or requested to undergo quarantine in the campaign's 2.0 phase.
Please be informed that all applications for Construction Industry Caring Campaign 2.0 is estimated to be prolonged owing to the crowd of applicants. With the accelerated vetting of all applications, the result would be released as soon as possible. We apologise for the extension and thank you for your understanding.
Registered construction workers (holding a valid Construction Workers Registration Card) who:
1. have been recorded to work in construction sites^ within 7 days before the confirmation date of affected with COVID-19 infection or the commencement of compulsory isolation/quarantine period; and
2. must have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccines under the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme+ implemented by the HKSAR Government; and
3. From 1 March 2022 onwards, applicants
~ have undergone compulsory quarantine due to close contacts with COVID-19 confirmed cases (Cap. 599A Prevention and Control of Disease Regulation); or
~ are required to undergo self-quarantine as instructed by their employers; or
~ have been confirmed as infected with COVID-19.
|Target Beneficiaries||Rate (HK$)||Limit (HK$)|
|Worker placed in compulsory quarantine by the Government||300 per day||2,100|
|Worker underwent self-quarantine as instructed by the employer due to close contacts with confirmed cases at site||300 per day||900|
|Worker infected with COVID-19||500 per day||3,500|
|Immediate family of deceased worker infected with COVID-19||100,000 in a lump sum||---|
Remarks: For workers who undergo compulsory quarantine / isolation and also diagnosed with COVID-19 or subsequently confirmed with COVID-19 infection, they will receive a maximum allowance of a total HK$3,500. Each eligible registered construction worker can submit the application via online system. For any enquiries, please WhatsApp for follow-up actions.
1. Applicant’s valid Construction Workers Registration Card; and
2. Applicant’s Compulsory Quarantine / Isolation Order issued by the HKSAR Department of Health; or
Applicant’s Proof of Self-isolation (template provided by the CIC) stating self-quarantine requested by his/her employer due to close contacts with the COVID-19 confirmed cases at construction sites (The sample can be downloaded as below); or
Applicant’s Medical Certificate specifying novel coronavirus diagnosis (COVID-19) issued by the HKSAR Hospital Authority; or
Death Record of the deceased worker issued by the HKSAR Immigration Department
(The above-mentioned supporting documents must be issued on or after 1 March 2022); and
3. Applicant's hard copy or electronic record (download via the HKSAR Government's eHealth app) of his/her COVID-19 vaccination issued by the HKSAR Department of Health (Full name of applicant must be shown). If applicants are medically not suitable for COVID-19 vaccination, he/she must provide a valid medical certificate; and
4. Applicant’s bank account proof: Bank statement / bank passbook / ATM card
Should there be any updates or withdrawals of the application, please contact below for further follow-up. Construction Industry Council reserves the right to modify or amend the Terms and Conditions from time to time.
Applicants of the "Construction Industry Caring Campaign - Fight against Novel Coronavirus" who have submitted application documents on or before 31 March 2022 may choose to apply for Campaign 2.0 if their application is unsuccessful due to exhaustion of funds. No additional documents will be required.
Campaign 2.0 is funded by the Construction Industry Council. The CIC will cease the campaign once the fund has been fully granted to subsidise the construction workers affected by the pandemic.
Applicants shall keep the original copies of the submitted documents for a defined period of 2 years for verification purposes in the future.
Hotline - 3199 7366
WhatsApp - 9159 0122
Last Updated: 2023-03-27 09:56:39