Error processing SSI file

Renewal of Registration


The Construction Workers Registration can be renewed in 7 days - 6 months before its expiry date. Renewal application can be submitted by post or to any Workers Registration and Renewal Service Point in person (you are welcomed to make booking by phone).

How to apply for Renewal

  1. Phone Booking:
    Please make a booking at 2873 1911 and select the desired date, time and Workers Registration and Renewal Service Point to submit application in 28 days in advance (appointment by fax or e-mail will not be accepted). Applicants who have made a phone booking should arrive at the selected Service Point 15 minutes before the appointed time.
  2. By Mail:
    Applicants can submit application by mail. Please send the completed Application Form for Renewal of Registration (For Mail Application Only) to the "Construction Industry Council, 38/F, COS Centre, 56 Tsun Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon" in an envelope marked "WRO", together with the required documents and a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage. Applicants must sign and write "Certified True Copy" on their submitted copies of documents. The application fee will be collected during card collection. (Note: Please do not send the original documents by post.)
  3. Submission by Unions:
    Service hours of unions are different, workers are suggested to call the unions for enquiries first. The details of trade unions providing renewal and card collection service are listed as follows:

Hong Kong Construction Industry Employees General Union
2/F., Wah Hing Commercial Centre., 383 Shanghai Street, Yaumatei, Kowloon
(Tel.:2388 6887)
The Federation of Hong Kong Electrical & Mechanical Industries Trade Unions
3/F, Prosperity Centre, 982 Canton Road, Kowloon
(Tel.:2626 1927)
 M/F., 5 Yu Chau Street, Mongkok, Kowloon
(Tel.:2393 9955)
3A, Sun Hey Mansion, 68 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
(Tel.:2393 6285)
EMF Opening Hours:
Monday-Saturaday, 9:30am - 9:30pm

Construction Site Workers General Union
Unit E, 2/F, Wang Cheong Commercial Building, 249-253 Reclamation Street, Yau Ma Tei
(Tel.:2789 2701)

  1. Walk-in Application:
    Walk-in application is accepted depending on the daily quota available.

Documents Required

  • A completed and signed Renewal Application Form
  • Hong Kong Identity Card (If you are not a Hong Kong Permanent Resident, you are required to present in addition to your Hong Kong Identity Card (if any), the original and copy of your One Way Exit Permit passport/travel document or other documents with a valid employment visa relevant to the trade division(s) of the application.)
  • The original and copy of a valid Green Card (with at least 30 days of validity remained on the day of application)
  • The original and copies of qualification documents of related trade divisions with at least 30 days of validity remained on the day of application
  • The originals and copies of valid certificate for certain trade divisions:
    • Diver - medical certificate
    • Lift Mechanic / Escalator Mechanic
    • Building Security System Mechanic – Valid Security Personnel Permit (Category “D”)